When you’re on a colitis diet, including the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, it can be difficult to find gluten free snacks to eat during the day that keep you full for more than 5 minutes. So, here’s some super healthy colitis diet, SCD legal, and gluten free snack ideas. If you still have colitis symptoms like diarrhea and gas, you probably need to wait until those symptoms subside to eat raw fruits and vegetables like celery, apples and pears.
- Ants in a canoe: Celery with natural peanut butter or almond butter and raisins on top.
- Apple with natural peanut butter or almond butter
- Pear with natural peanut butter or almond butter
- Grapes with natural peanut butter or almond butter
- SCD Banana nut muffin
- Slice of SCD cinnamon raisin bread
- Slice of SCD bread with natural peanut butter or almond butter and banana on top
- Avocado and chicken: This one is good for days when you’ve got leftover chicken, especially the Super Tender Juicy Roasted Chicken
- Avocado and cooked carrots: Convenient if you have leftover carrots
- Toasted slivered almonds: throw ‘em in the oven on 400 degrees for a few minutes until they brown to your liking and store them in the fridge for about a week.
- Fruit and cheddar cheese. Especially good with grapes.
These delicious snacks also make great lunch food. They’re super healthy snacks and will keep you full for a pretty good amount of time. One of the secrets to surviving colitis diets and the specific carbohydrate diet is to eat 5 small meals a day so that you have the energy to do the things you need to do throughout the day. And these snacks definitely qualify as a healthy small meal.